Seattle, WA 98168-3969
Home/Office/Cell: (206) 919-7857
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY PROFESSIONAL
• Nine years of experience maintaining an e-commerce website
• Skilled at web content management, emphasizing product page content and updates.
• Familiar with using Google analytics for site evaluation.
• Expertise with social media including Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
• 3 years experience using WordPress. Familiar with other CMS applications
• Accomplished in SEO procedures.
• 9 years experience supporting multiple software products in both Windows and Macintosh OS’s.
• 6 years experience in customer service supporting internal staff members with computer hardware and software issues
• Strong driving background – 15+ years of no incidents, accidents, etc on driving record.
• Have driven Class A type equipment – Kenworth cab-over
• Have mechanical background – 9+ years as assistant manager for large car repair facility. Test driving customer vehicles part of daily routine
• Comfortable driving many types of vehicles including manual transmissions, and large vehicles – owned 4 rv’s including trailers and Class A diesel pushers. All vehicles owned other than RV’s and large pickup have been vehicles with manual transmissions.
Technical Support • Hardware • Software • Peripherals • Help Desk
Software Development Testing and Installation • Website Creation and Management • Project Management
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) • WORDPRESS • Moodle • HTML
Volusion / Magento Content Management Systems (CMS)
Anti-virus • Anti-malware • Microsoft Office
Windows Easy Transfer (WET) • InstallShield • Phaseware
WINDOWS 95 – WINDOWS 7 • E-commerce sites
DREAMWEAVER • Homesite MX
- Test results shown above were taken at Smarterer.The scale for grading is ‘0-800’ points. Smarterer is a site where peers from all walks of life and positions list questions in categories within their expertise for the rest of us to answer. I have added several questions myself.
- The Computer Competency test didn’t have questions beyond a few in the ‘Proficient’ category, hence, my low score in this category. As they add more questions, I will take them so as to improve my score, assuming I get them right:-)
Specialty Vet Path Shoreline, WA 2012-Present
Lab Assistant / Courier
Freelance Webmaster/Consultant Seattle, WA 2009-Present
Current and previous Clients List:
- Jed Etters – spotlightonseattle.com
- Randy B Smith – randybsmithsblog.com
- Kody Tuwaletstiwa, Count Kody Inc. – countkodyseminars.com
- Mike Flynn & Associates – http://web11401.nakea.net/mike-flynns-blog
- Patrick O’Neill – patrickoneill206.com
- Connie Blumenthal, Editor and Broker – spotlightseattle.com, connieblumenthal.com
- Colony Square Homeowners Association – colonysquareboard.info/homeowners
- Nancy Johnson, Owner – fidalgoshome.com
- Melissa Edwards, Director Washington Aerospace Scholars – museumofflight.org/was
- Donn Ring, Executive Director, LEARN – erthaware.org
Aviation Supplies and Academics Newcastle, WA 1999 –2009
Technical Support Specialist / Webmaster and Website Content Manager/Coordinator
Troubleshot technical issues related to web development and ensured cross-platform functionally, navigability, usability, and accessibility.
• Implemented Search Engine Optimization (SEO) procedures for website, resulting in bringing site to first or second page of returns on Google for three of the top five search terms within 18 months of implementation.
• Provided technical support to website clients including assisting with product ordering issues and download issues.
• Execute web content and functionality objectives.
• Maintained SharePoint site and developed new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and product pages.
Accurately responded to questions and assisted clients with product features, troubleshooting, and software operation.
• Resolved 95% of calls / email requests for assistance on first contact. Of the contacts received, obtained a 90% case ownership ratio.
• Provided Tier II support to staff members as necessary
• Wrote, published, and maintained products knowledge base on company website.
• Implemented User Account Control (UAC) compliance for software installation.
• Delivered training on web browsing skills and preventative maintenance such as anti-virus scanning.
• Assisted 3rd Party Network Administrator with on-site tasks such as helping users with log-in issues, finding files on the network, updating network client software, and running server-side applications
• Recommended improvements to computer systems and completed upgrades and replacements.
• Orchestrated the purchase, setup, implementation, and operation of in-house Compact Disk (CD) duplication and mastering station.
• Performed in-house software testing of company software products using guidelines and procedures specified by the product manager. Managed the company’s public beta testing program, as well as wrote, designed, and produced software installation routines and demos for software products using InstallShield.
Associate of Science, Aeronautics
Long Beach City College Long Beach, CA
Future certification goals include:
CIW Web Design Foundations – Exam 1D0-510
CIW Security – Exam 1D0-470
Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA)
Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE)
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
GROUPS & ASSOCIATIONS – LINKEDIN
IT Support, Computer Support, IT Consultants
Seattle Tech Jobs